Wednesday, August 23, 2017

7 November 1904 Letter from Ray to Robert H. Wilson

This letter was written by Ray, Robert Wilson's nephew.  Ray went to Chicago, and lived with Robert Wilson until he was able to find a job, before Robert moved to St. Louis.  Click here to see more items that relate to Chicago, Ill.  Click here to see more items that relate to St. Louis, MO.  Click here to see more items in the collection that were from Robert Wilson, and Orpha Spencer.


CHI & M
    NOV
        7
      1906
    TR12
      RPO
Mr R. H. Wilson

[???] St Louis & Suburban
                            R.R. CO.
           St Louis  MO
  De Hodouant Shops


                     Chicago Ill
                     Nov 7. 1904

Dear Uncle
I am sorry to keepe you
waiting for good new but the new
will dis-point you.  Mrs Blumekron
told me to wait a wile before i right
because Mrs Fife would be here
the last of the week and tell me
the bad news.  She said rote
to her brother inlaw when her hus
band had died and he did not
answer it So her son do not
want her to send you to him
she said she did not want to make
a ful out of you .  She said she
got a letter Cal and they told
her it is to slow their for any
body to go.




That is y I did not right before.
I got a letter from Burt and
he said he his get ing along fine.
  Mamma rote last week and
she said she need some money
so I sent what I was go to send
to you I am sorry But I thought
Momma must need it more then
you do.
  George came up to work this
morning.  Do you know a
Motorman by the name of
Burns if you do he kill a
boy yesterday.  [?????] h's a good friend
of mine. Lee would like to
here from you and also [????]
gramdpapa I do not know
him by name.  They would
like to see you back in Chicago
best regards from all Your Nephew
                                         Ray
Answer soon do not take as
long as I did I am go to right to Burt know









































No comments:

Post a Comment