Monday, October 16, 2017

17 May 1906 Letter from Robert H. Wilson to Orpha May Wilson

Orpha Spencer (Wilson) saved a number of letters, rosters, etc.  to see more of that collection click here.  Click here to see more items relating to Los Angeles, CA.  Click here for more items relating to St. Louis, MO.  Click here to see more items relating to Newark, N.J..

 Los Angeles
               Thursday
                May 17" 06
My Dear little wife
Your letter of Sunday
the 13" & not the [?]
arrived on time,
Dearest I am at a
loss to know what
to wright about
my letters read
nearley the same
from day to Day I
Cant finde aney
thing of interest
to wright about






  2
Dearest it is a
wonder Florence
mentioned the
case in her letter
to Judie I sapose
she is getting
ancious to have
it settled I wish
I could have a
hand in settling
it, Dearest I am
sorry to hear that
mother is not
fealing so well
I hope she dont
have aney set backs
but continues to improve





          3
Dearest I took
Supper with Mr & Mrs
Hurley Taylor they
had straw Berries &
short cake I have
ben getting a good
shair of short cake
of late, Mrs Taylor
is getting [extra?]
familiar on short
acquiantence she
calls me Rob
now and Hurley
asks their oldest
girl is she helow
said helow to Uncle
Bob I dont see





    4
why they teach
their children to
call I might say
total strangers
Uncle or Aunt I
would not care to
have my children
calling every bod
Uncle or Aunt or
Sister or Brother
I dont like to get so
Intimate, Dearest I
sill stop now &
go to bed Love &
Kisses to Mama &
Baby from your
Husband  Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment