Saturday, February 18, 2017

How To Use This Blog

The goal of this blog is to help you in your genealogy endeavors.  The blog is currently in it's infancy.  I chose a blog format, because I find google blogger very easy to use, and you can edit, and add information to any post easily and quickly.  I intend to add images, and transcriptions of letters, images, news articles, old rosters and directories.   I am starting with my own family resources.  After that I will be adding other historical resources.  

This blog is best navigated by locality. You start by clicking on the state of your ancestor.  You will then click on the county, then city.  At the top of the city page you will see a link that goes to rosters, letters, images, etc. that reference that city. There is also a basic timeline, and useful resources at the bottom of each city page.

I don't want to lead anyone to believe I have information on states or communities I don't have documents, article, letters etc. from. I will only add states, if there is some something that references a city in that state.

Here are a few examples of the type of items that will be linked in cities.  
Helen McCoy's letter to Willis H. Wilson   written May 29 and April 10 1942.  Helen was living on a farm that Japanese Americans, or Japanese Immigrants were displaced from.

Roster   
Roster
Department of California and Nevada
Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Organized April 15, 1909 at Pasadena, California
1947

Redondo Congregational Church 1888, 1894, 1932  Anneversary Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment