Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Visit To Whittier Museum in Whittier, California

 Today I stopped by the Whittier Museum.  Click here for a link to the Museum's website.

When I arrived, I was greeted by Bill Church. He is a docent of the Whittier Historical Society.  He was extremely knowledgeable about the History of Whittier, and he gave me a wonderful tour of the museum.  The museum is full of Artifacts, Photographs, memorabilia, a small plane, etc..   


I live about an hour away, and was so happy that I stumbled across this little jewel.  I have been to a quite a few small city museums in the past, but this museum is by far the largest, and  well organized museum I have seen of it's kind. They have a great collection, and rotate new exhibits frequently. The people I met there were kind, and very helpful.  

If you live anywhere near Whittier, California, and are in the area, I would suggest stopping by and taking a tour.  They are also quite close to the Founder's Memorial Park, which was Mount Olive Cemetery, and Broadway Cemetery.  Many are still interred there, though the headstones have been removed.  The museum does have some of the headstones, and photographs.


Here is a link to the webpage the Museum has created for Founder's Memorial Park.





The purpose of this blog over all, is to help provide useful resources for genealogical research.  I am starting with my own records, but as time goes by I will be adding as much information to my blog pages as possible.  Thank you for stopping by.  

Heather Wells


No comments:

Post a Comment